Error(s) when exporting Zotero RDF

I've encountered a problem when I try exporting a collection with files included. I have a few collections now, and this only occurs with one collection -- my largest and most important one, as it so happens.

It starts the exporting progress window, but soon stops with the message "An error occurred while exporting the selected file."

The error console records a handful of messages including a "assignment to undeclared variable rdf" and similar messages for variables n, itemResources, and item.

It also reports Warnings which say "reference to undefined property attacmentArray.filename" which refers to Source File: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translate.js Line: 1791

Any idea what's going on and how it might work? I'm on XP if that makes any difference.

Thanks
  • Hi Zach, thanks for the report and error messages. Did any of the collections that you were able to successfully export include file attachments?
  • Thanks for the reply. Yes, the collections that were exporting correctly also included file attachments. I tried copying the entire contents of that collection into a new collection, and I was able to export it successfully with files attached. The original collection still reports exporting errors even though its contents appear to be identical to the new, error-free collection.

So I got a workaround, but the original problem is still there.

Thanks,
    Zach
  • Thanks, Zach. I wasn't able to reproduce this error myself, but will continue to watch for it. I'll also check with our programmer to see if I should enter a ticket for it, since you've supplied the relevant messages from the error console and other information.