Same citation, different styles

Hi All

I've had a quick look through the forum but couldn't see any problem like the one I have.

Basically it comes down to citation style. If I insert references into my document (set up as open office with Chicago Manual of Sytle) I can get different citation patterns although the zotero entries look the same.

An example:

However, using a global transcriptome approach we previously found no evidence for increased UPP gene expression in weight-losing UGI cancer patients (Stephens et al. 2010). Levels of skeletal muscle calpain, atrogin-1 and MuRF1 mRNA remained unchanged in the skeletal muscle of gastric cancer patients but levels of calpain activity were elevated even in the absence of weight loss (Ira J Smith et al. 2011).

Here the 'Stephens' entry is the style I want. The 'Smith' entry includes the 'Ira J'. These two entries look the same in Zotero i.e. in the main Zotero pane both have the Surname and First name / initial in separate boxes in the Author section.

Could someone enlighten me as to how to obtain consistency in formatting? I have been editing by hand but that gets tiresome.

I'm using Zotero 2.18, OOo 3.2.0 with Ubuntu 10.04.

Many thanks

duff
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/given_name_disambiguation
    You can try re-installing the Chicago style to get the most recent version with improved disambiguation, but the general issue is likely to remain the same.
  • Thanks adamsmith.

Will have a look over the links you posted.

best

duff