Stanford Encyclopedia translator?

Hi,

On the 'Compatible Sites' Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy is listed, however, I do not see any icon to import any of the entries. Does this translator need installing in any special way?

Many thanks

Regards

Simon
  • the compatible sites page hasn't been updated for years - though I don't think there ever was an SEP translator. I get "Embedded RDF" on the SEP site - are you not? (You won't if you use Zotero Standalone)
  • ah okay, I'm using Standalone so I guess that's why.

thanks.
  • Those types of translators will work in the next version of standalone.
  • sweet, i look forward to that. i only avoid firefox due to the memory leak, so its no hardship to use it until the new version.
  • Hello,

I'm using the latest version of Zotero for Firefox on my Mac and I too am having trouble with the SEP site.

When I try to save stuff from a page like this one on Plato:
    http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/plato/

I get the following message:

"Could Not Save Item: an error occurred while saving this item. Check known translator issues for more information."

I followed the link provided in this message to no avail. Moreover, when I found the SEP in the list of translators and clicked on the link it appeared to be a dead end.
  • disregard the list of translators, as you can see it's been last updated more than 3 years ago.
    The Embedded Metadata translator that Zotero is using for that site (you can tell the translator by hovering with the mouse over the icon in the URL bar) is currently being improved with some glitches on the way.
  • Should be fixed now.
This discussion has been closed.