Zotero bad search results

I have been working on a Word document. When I go to insert a citation, and the insert citation window comes up, I search for the relevant citation, e.g. McXavier. McXavier does not show up, but for some reason Snell and Didier do. When this happens, no matter who I am searching for, Snell and/or Didier show up. It's usually just one or both, but sometimes there are other results too - just not McXavier or the one I am looking for. This happens all the time now. If I do not search in the insert window but just scroll through the library, the relevant citation is there.
  • what happens if you search for the same name in the Zotero quick search bar?
  • If I do that, sometimes I don't get the right results either, but it is not always Snell and/or Didier. When that happens, if I clear the quick search bar and try again, sometimes it works. Clearing the search bar at the citation insert window and trying again does not, however.
  • This have happened to me as well recently. Sometimes I have to search multiple times using the quickbar in order to find a post that I know I have

Johan