Syncing problem - uncaught exception: '18' is not a valid field for type 19"

Hi,

Zotero has worked well for me for the last 2 years. Then suddenly, I started having this error yesterday. I have zotero on my work PC and home PC, and I sync the two using the zotero sync server. On my work PC, syncing to the server works. However, on my home PC, I get the following error when I try to sync: 'uncaught exception: '18' is not a valid field for type 19". See details below, it is very frustrating. Could anyone help?

I'm running zotero 2.1.8 on Firefox 4.0.1, Windows 7 32 bit on both computers.

The Report ID is 297692966.

Thank you!
A

Could not read chrome manifest file 'C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}\chrome.manifest'.

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIXPCComponents_Utils.import]" nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Users/Amar/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/0xco7gon.default/extensions/%7B340c2bbc-ce74-4362-90b5-7c26312808ef%7D/components/AddonGlue.js :: BSS__observe :: line 53" data: no]" {file: "file:///C:/Users/Amar/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/0xco7gon.default/extensions/%7B340c2bbc-ce74-4362-90b5-7c26312808ef%7D/components/AddonGlue.js" line: 53}]

[JavaScript Error: "Image corrupt or truncated: <unknown>" {file: "<unknown>" line: 0}]

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: '18' is not a valid field for type 19"]
  • Try disabling your non-Zotero Firefox extensions. One of them is clearly having problems, judging from the error output you've posted.
  • All, to fix this synchronization problem, I just reset my zotero sync on the computer that was giving me problems (I'm stating the obvious here, but for newbies resetting the sync means zotero clears the library on the local computer and replaces it with the library stored on the zotero server).

Thanks
  • Don't use the reset function unless you're instructed to: That's why there is a specific warning displayed in the reset tab.

You can easily do more harm than good if you don't know what you're doing and even when it works it makes troubleshooting errors (and thus preventing them from occuring in the future) impossible for developers.

Also, you should still see what's going on with the glue extension, that's not looking good there.