Word Plug in not working

I just downloaded the new update of zotero and my word plug in is not working. Can you please help? I use Firefox and Word 2003 on Windows XP. Everything is up to date.
  • Are you using a development build of Zotero? If so, you'll also need the development version of the Word plugin. Email support@zot...org, and I'll send you the file.
  • 1.0.2.r2048 is the zotero I currently use .. I think .. I did download the development version .. but this morning my firefox said there is a new version so I downloaded that one .. I am very confused. I'll send you an email please send me whatever plugin I need.
    Thank you very much, very very much appreciated.
  • Hi Sean, I've got the same problem springchild has but with the openoffice plugin. I've emailed support@ So if you could email me the dev version of the plugin too, I'd be very greatful.
    Regards, Jon.
  • Test versions of the 1.0b2 plugins have been attached to ticket 869. They will only work with current dev builds of Zotero (which will become Zotero 1.0.2). We'll be releasing Zotero 1.0.2 in a few days.

Please make a backup of existing documents before using with these test plugins.
  • edited December 23, 2007
    FYI: While installing dev Zotero-OOo-MacX11-Plugin.oxt to OO 2.3.0 for Mac X11 on Tiger I get the following error message:

Adding Extension(s): /Users/.../Application Support/OpenOffice.org2/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/hz8amm_/Zotero.oxt plugin does not exist
  • While installing dev Zotero-OOo-MacX11-Plugin.oxt to OO 2.3.0 for Mac X11 on Tiger I get the following error message
    An initial install attempt worked fine for me with X11 OO 2.3.0 on Leopard. I don't know that it matters, but did you rename to Zotero.oxt before installing?

Subsequent attempts gave me the Zotero.py error people were having, though restarting OO and manually enabling the Zotero plugin seemed to fix that.

Have you tried NeoOffice? From some quick tests, it seems to give a much less buggy experience in general on OS X.
  • Hi,

I just tried to open the file zotero-word-plugin-1.0b2-win.zip but I only get the message, that this file i corrupt.

Hagen
    I just tried to open the file zotero-word-plugin-1.0b2-win.zip but I only get the message, that this file i corrupt.
    It's not. Try downloading again. Empty your browser cache or use a different browser if that doesn't work.

Also, be sure you're not using "Save Link As...", since that won't work. The attachment links take you to intermediate pages.

Most Windows users can use the .exe installer—you only need to download the ZIP if the installer doesn't work for you.
    I got this working with a new plugin (Thank you for sending it to me!) but bibliography is still not in alphabetical order. I'm working on my paper with a pretty long bibliography, so can you please address this issue ASAP?

Windows XP, Word 2003, dev version of zotero and plugins. Ok, thanks very much.

Now I'm adding to your holiday tear.. ha ha.

But please look into it!! Thank you!