Evernote links -- enable them within Zotero?

Hi. Evernote has just introduced Note Links that can be placed in various apps, such as iCal and Firefox.

Is there a fairly simple way that Zotero could also use these Note Links so that a given Zotero could be linked to my Evernote? (I tried putting the link into a Zotero Note, but Zotero doesn't seem to know how to activate the Evernote Note Link.)

I would be extremely pleased to see these programs integrated, even thru these simple links. Thanks!
  • edited June 16, 2011
    For info on the new Evernote links, see:

http://blog.evernote.com/2011/06/15/big-evernote-desktop-update-windows-and-mac-get-note-links-note-copying-and-much-more/

Thanks!
  • I would also like to be able to put evernote links in zotero notes...
  • Can you post such a link here on the forum, so I can see what it looks like?
  • The link possibility holds true not just for Evernote but for Devonthink, OneNote and presumably a few more programs. Still think the easiest way would be for Zotero to allow a manual "Add Link"-option as described in this older thread here.
  • For ajlyon -- and anyone else who can help with integration w/Evernote:

Here is a sample Evernote Note Link:

evernote:///view/9465309/s84/5cfdf1ff-25e7-4b73-90a0-933ecec93dab/5cfdf1ff-25e7-4b73-90a0-933ecec93dab/

By the way -- this might be helpful -- this Note Link can be put into the "URL" line of "Info" for a Zotero entry and it works! This is sorta great,

However, this is not really the URL for the source, so it will mess up my footnote or bibliographic citation. Plus, we obviously use the URL slot for the real URLs for many sources.

So, it would be great to be able to put this link into an EXTRA "url" type line under Info -- or as an Add Link, per kithairon above.

Thanks very much!
  • I've posted a patch for this to the ticket: https://www.zotero.org/trac/ticket/1563

I don't see why this couldn't be fixed in the next major release (Zotero 3.0), if not earlier. But these things move in mysterious ways, and I can't promise a thing.