Note Deselection Problem

This is something new I've just come across:

I have an existing note. I bring it up in the panel and correct a typo, at which point Zotero deselects the note and brings me back to the main view. I again find the note, select it, modify a character, and again it gets deselected.

So, everytime I type a character or otherwise modify the note, Zotero deselects it.

Now, I should say I cannot subsequently reproduce it. But maybe something to look for.
  • Thanks for the error report. Can you clarify what happens in the right column of the Zotero pane? Does it revert to an empty box with the words "No items selected"?
  • @kkraus: based on my memory, yes.
  • I haven't been able to reproduce this error myself. bdarcus, if it happens again, could you check your error console for error messages? See the advanced instructions for reporting bugs: http://www.zotero.org/documentation/reporting_bugs. That information would be a big help.
  • I have had this happen repeatedly. This appears to make it happen:
    (1) Enter a search term.
    (2) Select a book (for example) satisfying the search term, which has
    an existing note.
    (3) In the right-hand panel, select a note, click on it and edit the note "in place"
    (not in a separate window). If the note does not contain the search term, it will
    disappear, leaving the message "no items selected" in the right-hand panel.

Nothing appears in the error console.
  • Confirmed. Thanks.