Getting updated data from sync server - not

On Monday evening I successfully did the upload part of a sync, but I left Zotero all Monday evening and night with the arrow circling and saying 'Getting updated data from sync server' and 'Last sync: 3 days ago'. It was still going in the morning. Yesterday evening I restarted Firefox and again left it going, this morning it's still saying 'Getting ...' but now it's 'Last sync: 4 days ago'.
This is with Firefox 4.0.1 and Zotero 2.1.7 under Windows 7. I'm working on the same document on this machine and on a Linux machine at work, where yesterday I synced with no problem.
So now I'm following the instructions at http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/sync_queuing and asking for help. By the way, at the end of the paragraph there it says 'and no "Last sync" time displayed'. Does it mean 'and no *recent* "Last sync" time displayed', as earlier in the paragraph?
Thanks.
  • Upgrade Zotero to 2.1.8, restart FF and try again. There were some issues in the 2.1.7 version that caused sync problems.
  • For some reason I didn't see your message until just now. In the meantime, during the day I noticed another thread about 2.1.8, which I hadn't realized was out, so when I got home I upgraded and the sync worked fine. Thank you very much.