Zotero Will Not Store New Content

Please see error report 1110538488.

I have been unable to add any new content to my Zotero database (articles, links, etc.). Whenever an attempt is made to add a new item, initially a pop-up says "Saving blah blah blah" and nothing happens. When I try to add the item again, an error window pops up asking me to post to Zotero forums. After this window pops up, whenever I right-click in Zotero most of the right-click menu items have no associated text (though a few at the top and bottom still do). I also can no longer close the Zotero pane and instead receive an error message, "There was an error starting Zotero."

I am using Ubuntu 11.04 with Firefox 4.0.1 and Zotero 2.1.7. I do not sync my content online and have checked my database for errors using the built-in error checking in Zotero and found no problems.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  • Disable all your other extensions, restart Firefox, and provide another Report ID and a Debug ID for a save attempt that produces the error (if you still get it).
  • I disabled all my extensions, restarted Firefox and am still getting the same error.

Report ID: 794930748

Debug ID: D313019447
  • That's a strange error. Can you check your database integrity in the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences? Even if that passes, you might want to run your database through the DB Repair Tool and, whether or not it fixes the problem, e-mail the Upload ID from the repair tool to support@zot....org with a link to this thread.
  • edited June 15, 2011
    As mentioned above, I checked the database integrity via Zotero and found no problems. However, I had not tried to upload my database for repair and that seems to have done the trick! When I tried the manual method of repair, no improvement was made even after running the provided SQL commands. There must be some special SQL command that is being run on the server side repair and is not in the manual repair list.
  • The command that should have fixed your issue is definitely in the manual list, but in any case, I've updated the database integrity check in the preferences to detect this class of problems (which were generally caused by bugs in early versions of Zotero). Thanks.