CSL for Statute - Help please

I am trying to create a different output for statutes. Currently, this appears to map to article regardless of what I try. Thus far, I have edited the sqlite itemTypeFields to change the order they appear in.

I changed the baseFieldMappings as follows:

nameOfAct = title
codeNumber = number
code = place
section = pages
publicLawNum = volume

I did the above because regardless of what I tried I could not get these fields to register any other way... The Statute output style is BlueBook (my org uses different output styles by doc type).

2. I created a CSL style...

I have tried setting the type name to both statute and legislation and have had no success.

Just as an FYI, my style sheet does validate.

Any help you may be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.
  • FWIW, and notwithstanding any possible bugs in Zotero, you're mappings are incorrect. "Code" should map to "container-title" (I think it now does in the dev version), "codeNumber" to "volume" (I think!), and "PublicLawNum" to "number" (again, not totally sure about this).
  • Thanks. I have the development sql up now and this is much better. We will be deploying the non-development version, but I will change these mappings in our version.

FYI: We are deploying Zotero as part of a knowledge management solution. The style output is how we will sell the platform, but its biggest benefits are long-term. The expected benefits are 1) searchable database of vetted resources 2) generating statistics by project (i.e. what resources were used most frequently, by whom, ...) 3) screenshots of pages (very important to see what changed after the last accessed date). I have a list somewhere that has a few other things on it, but these are the biggest for us.

Our users are industry analysts, investigators, economists and attorneys. We choose Zotero because it is highly customizable and located within the web browser (the three window thing with cut and paste (endnote) doesn't work for us!).

To role this out in our organization, we are defining each document type selection available through zotero. This list should help reduce confusion within our organization. This is really a what is a book, what is the difference between a bill and a statute list.... I currently have this out as unpublished Google document if anyone would like to be added, please let me know.