Deleting attached files in group library only

I accidentally uploaded attached files to a group library (because I have just switched to a new computer, and failed to change the preferences to stop syncing of attached files before syncing). In fact, these files should not be made available to other group members, for copyright reasons. But I can't find a way of deleting attached files in the storage space only - that is, in effect to undo what I did by syncing them. Is it possible to do this? I don't want any files stored at all, so would be happy to empty the storage space of all attached files.
  • Right-click on the group to create a saved search, search for [Item Type] [is] [Attachment], and sort the results by date added. Select All will select just the results that match, which you can then delete.
  • Thanks. I think that will delete all the attachments as they're held on the version on my own computer too, though, is that right? That's what I was trying to avoid doing. I guess I could copy everything over to My Library, including attachments; delete attachments (pdfs are the crucial ones) from the Group Library, let that sync, and then reload the Group Library from My Library, now subject to the Preference that attached files aren't synced. I hope that would have the desired effect.
  • I am trying to do this, but after creating the search that Dan suggested above, I can't selectively delete the attachments. Right-clicking on a PDF, for example, leaves the option to "delete selected item from library" grayed-out. I am the group owner, if that matters.

Otherwise, if I copy the citations to My Library, delete them from the Group Libraries, then delete the attachments under My Library, and finally move them back into Group Libraries, will my citations still be valid in Word? I need to free up some Zotero storage space, but I am worried about having to recite old papers if I do this. I don't really need the groups anymore, but I need the citations to remain valid, so if I could just copy the citations to My Library and have them remain valid, that would work also.