report id 1899401639

Just after updating to 2.1.7 and restarting browser, firefox stopped responding and reported a slow or crashed script (zotero) was causing problems. After restarting browser post update, all I did was open the zotero tab.
  • It is working fine again. I submitted the report just because it has been freezing firefox fairly frequently even for operations that I would not think of as long - such as changing a date from 'fall 2008' to '2008.' Thought there may have been something helpful in the report... Thanks and sorry if it was a false alarm!
  • edited September 23, 2011
    A few days ago, I began receiving an "unresponsive script" warning. It began on the content/catagory column on the left side of the page in my group library. I clicked "continue" a few times, and finally more than a dozen times, but nothing happened. I couldn't enter the web page for that catagory and citation. It was locked up. It has continued to spread to all of my group library bibliographies and has locked everything up. When I leave my Firefox browser and use the Chrome browser and go to Zotero.org, everything is fine. I can click on any citation and go to the proper page. The online storage system is working fine. My Firefox browser works fine until I go to Zorter.org. I then get the "unresponsive script" warning again. It appears the problem is in the Zotero add-on in the Firefox browser. Can you tell me how to solve this problem? I am on the latest version of Firefox. Thank You.
    P.S. I can add citations into my group libraries without any problem using the Firefox browser.
  • I'm confused when you get the warning - using the add-on or on the Zotero site?
  • I get the warning when I am using the Firefox browser and enter the Zotero website. If I use the Chrome browser and enter the Zotero website, everything works fine.
  • What is the complete message, exactly?
  • edited September 23, 2011
    It's the box that appears and says "Warning: unresponsive script, etc". It lists the web address like the one above in this forum. I can click "continue" or click "stop script". Each time I Click "continue", everything remains locked up. If I click "stop script" and click a catagory or citation, the box reappears.
  • We need the file name and line number in the error message or else we can't help you.
  • All that appears in the box is: Script: http://www.zotero.org/static/library/jquery/history/history.js:613
    Does this help?
  • Yes. That's all I was asking for.
  • And note that this has nothing to do with the original post in this thread, which is about the Zotero client rather than the Zotero website. It's better to start new threads for troubleshooting issues rather than resurrecting old ones for this reason.
  • What operating system and version of firefox is this?
  • I had to get off the web. A big lightning storm passed over Orlando, FL in the past hour and a half. My operating system is Windows 7 Premium for home, and I have Firefox 6.0.2
    Yes, I will remember to start a new thread if I don't find a problem exactly like my own.