Inconsistency between Zotero & Style Repository preview

I have noticed an inconsistency between a style rendered in Zotero v the preview feature of the style repository:

I notice the inconsistency using the IEEE style, but I suspect there are many styles which would be similarly affected.

In this style the tilte of an article should be enclosed within quotation marks with a comma before the second quotation mark (and this is how it is rendered by both Zotero & Mendeley):

"this is the title of the article,"

But the Zotero style repository gives a preview like this (comma after second quotation mark):

"this is the title of the article",

Why is this? Assuming there may be other inconsitencies, it leads me to suspect that using the repository preview feature to help me choose styles may not be sufficient.
  • That's odd - the processor can put punctuation inside or outside quotation marks and for some reason it does that wrong for the repository preview (the comma inside the quotation marks is correct for IEEE).
    I don't actually think there is good reason to assume that there are other inconsistencies - so far I've not seen any - but generally the previews are unlikely to ever be sufficient to choose a style: they are designed to be helpful when browsing styles, but either you know the name of the style you need or you will need to install and test it in more detail anyway.
  • The IEEE style doesn't have a default-locale, so it might be that the previews just aren't rendered with the en-US locale (which is the only locale that renders the comma/period inside the closing quote).
  • but which locale are they rendered with? I though en-US was the de-facto default when nothing else is provided - that's how I understand this:
    http://citationstyles.org/downloads/specification.html#id26
  • That's a question for Dan :)
  • Found the bug in citeproc-node. Testing to make sure it doesn't obviously break anything else, then we can update it. Until I get some version of frank's test suite running for citeproc-node it is not unlikely there will be other discrepancies like this.
  • The update has been pushed and previews + styled api responses should not be having this problem (or probably many others from the same source) anymore. If you spot other discrepancies please say something.
  • Thanks for fixing.