Style Request: Hydrological Science Journal

I am writing an article for “Hydrological Science Journal.” It would be very grateful if someone could work up a style for it. This style is own style adapted from V Harvard B.

1. In the text citation:
Examples:
Anmala (1996) said…
Anmala (2003a, b, c) said…
Smith et al. (2003) presented that…
Anmala & Smith (2005)
This is important… (Anmala, 1996; Anmala, 2003a, b, c; Anmala & Smith, 2005; Smith et al., 2003).
[Note: author are more than three, 'et al.' in italics are used; a, b, c is used if more papers by same authors in the same year ]

2. In the Reference section:
Examples:
Journal article:
Bayazit, M. & Aksoy, H. (2001) Using wavelets for data generation. J. Appl. Statist. 28(2), 157-166.

Books:
Box, G. E. P. & Jenkins, G. M. (1976) Time Series Analysis, Forecasting and Control. Holden Day Inc., San Francisco, California, USA.

Book chapter:
Singh, V. P., Krstanovic, P. F. & Lane, L. J. (1998) Stochastic models of sediment yield. In: Modeling Geomorphological Systems (ed. by M. G. Anderson), Ch. 9, 272-286. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.

Conference procceding paper:
Cigizoglu, H. K. (2002a) Forecasting of meteorologic data by artificial neural networks. In: Proc. Sixth Int. Conf. on Neural Networks and Soft Computing (ed. by L. Rutkowski & J. Kacprzyk), 820-824, Physica-Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany.

Reference in other languages:
Hu, T. S. (1997) Neural Optimization and Prediction. Dalian Maritime University Press, Dalian, China (in Chinese).

[Note: All the authors should be listed; names of journal and proceeding in Abbreviation and italics; volume number should be bold; original language should be indicted at the end of a reference using, for example, “in Chinese” if the references are in other languages; The references should be set out in alphabetical order and in date order for a series of papers by the same author(s).In the case of various combinations of a group of authors, alphabetical order should again take precedence over date order; groups of two authors come before groups of three, etc.]

Style guidelines can be seen:
http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/authors/style/layout/style_thsj.pdf
Full instructions to authors are available here: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/journal.asp?issn=0262-6667&linktype=44

Thank you very much for your help.
  • I have this bookmarked, but very busy atm.
  • the style is now up and should show up on the repository shortly. Any problems let me know.
  • Thank you so much, adamsmith. I am waiting for it. It will study it and try to design my own styles in the future.
  • oops sorry, something went wrong with the commit - recommitted now - should be up within hours.
  • Thank you so much. So far, I found the following problems:

1. When we insert the first citation, it seems work well and the output is following:

This is … (Wei et al., 2010),

References:
    Wei, S., Yang, H., Abbaspour, K., Mousavi, J. & Gnauck, A. (2010). Game theory based models to analyze water conflicts in the Middle Route of the South-to-North Water Transfer Project in China. Water Res., 44(8), 2499-516.

2. But when we insert the second citation, or the third one, it will become the following:

This is … (Shouke Wei et al., 2010), but… (S Wei, 2011). It is …(S Wei, 2005)

References:
    Wei, S. (2005). Managing World Heritage Sites in China from an Economic Perspective. Berlin: dissertation.de.
    Wei, S. (2011). Energy challenges, problems and related Strategies in China. Implementing Environmental and Resource Management (M. Schmidt, V. Onyango & D. Palekhov, eds.), 105-118. Berlin: Springer-Verlag.
    Wei, Shouke, Yang, H., Abbaspour, K., Mousavi, J. & Gnauck, A. (2010). Game theory based models to analyze water conflicts in the Middle Route of the South-to-North Water Transfer Project in China. Water Res., 44(8), 2499-516.

3. Other small problems:
    (1) There should be no period after the year. For example, it should be “Wei, S. (2005) Managing…
    (2) For book chapter or conference paper like the reference 2. There should be “In:” before the book the title. For example, “Wei, S. (2011) Energy…in China. In: Implementing…”
    (3) There should be no comma after the Journal title, for example, “Water Res. 44(8), …”
  • For the first issue:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/given_name_disambiguation

The other ones (i.e. the ones listed under 3) I'll fix asap, I'll let you know when a new version is up.
  • OK, the issues under 3.) are fixed, the style will show up shortly - check the update date behind it to see when the new style is up.
  • Thanks. I found this update produces an error, the Journal title is missing. The older version was correct in this point. For example:

Wei, S., Yang, H., Abbaspour, K., Mousavi, J. & Gnauck, A. (2010) Game theory based models to analyze water conflicts in the Middle Route of the South-to-North Water Transfer Project in China. 44(8), 2499-516.

Note: "Water Res." in italic should be in front of 44(8) in this example.
  • oops - sorry - fixed version is up, will show up shortly.