Appearance Bug

When typing in a note, the caret doesn't blink. This makes it difficult to tell where the focus is, which leads to frustration on the part of the user - he/she can start typing and the text not appear (if the focus is elsewhere), and it can make it feel as though zotero has crashed when infact it has not.

Zotero Firefox Plugin 2.1.6
Firfox 4.0.1
Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit.
  • It blinks for me on FF 3.6 on Linux. Does the cursor blink for you in standard textareas and other regions of the Zotero interface?
  • in fields in the 'Info' tab for an item: Yes.
    Notes: No.
    'Tags' tab, add a tag: Yes it flashes.
    Search box, yes it flashes

I guess what distinguishes the note-editing box is that it is the only(?) rich text editing box?
  • Yes, the rich-text notes aren't really text areas—all those other things are. The real question is if you get the same behavior in the TinyMCE demos.
  • Cursor flashes for the TinyMCE demo on the front page.

I have AdBlock Plus installed, but can't seem to find anywhere do get an extension info dump.
  • Have you tried disabling other extensions? Restarting Firefox and/or your computer?

It flashes for me on OS X and Windows XP. I don't have access to Win 7 at the moment, so someone else on Win 7 will have to comment.
  • Restarting the PC/Firefox seems to have fixed it. If I manage to reproduce I'll post another comment. Thanks.