Letters on in-text citations

Hello,

I am working on my PhD and I'm using Zotero. Today a problem has appeared as I was trying to introduce in-text citations that had neved appeared before. The problem is that instead of just having letters (Cohen, 2008a, 2008b, etc.) after years when it is the same author with different references per year, Zotero is including letters in every citation and it is putting them in order (Cohen 2008a; Webber, 1994b; Rozenberg 1993c, 2006d) even for authors which only have one reference per year.

Any ideas to solve the problem?

Thank you!
  • This should be fixed in the next version of Zotero - you can either wait for 2.1.7 or install the branch xpi
    http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/svn_and_trac_access#zotero_client_dev_xpis
    (branch xpi _not_ trunk xpi) and switch back to the regular version when 2.1.7 comes out - the latter should be safe at this point, though do the usual back-ups to be safe.
  • Thanks a lot! I will wait for the next version.
  • If that doesn't fix it don't panic - just come back and we'll figure it out - but we've seen this a couple of times and I think it should be fixed.