Word plugin not inserting citations when using (dev) styles

The plugin works fine with the citation styles that comes with Zotero by default but I downloaded some more exotic formats from the repository and none of these work.
If I choose one of these styles and then click on a citation to insert, nothing happens.
Also, if I choose a citation style that works, then I'm stuck with it, even if I delete all the inserted citations; I don't get a dialog box asking what style new citations should use.

Thanks
  • Which Zotero version? Which styles? After trying to insert a citation, can you create an Error report ID?
    http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs
    You can switch styles using the "Set Document Preferences" button in the Word plugin.

This is very likely not due to the fact that these are dev styles - all styles on the repository are valid and work with Zotero.
  • Try for example European Journal of Cancer & Clinical Oncology or Cancer Cell.
    But in fact none of the formats I've installed from the Repository have worked.
    When I choose those formats from within Word and click on a citation, nothing happens.

Thanks

Zotero 2.1 on Firefox 4.0
    Windows XP
    Latest Word plugin installed
    No Error Report generated
  • edited May 23, 2011
    Hmm - try resetting styles in the advanced tab of the Zotero preferences and try again.
    edit: and just to be sure - what Zotero version precisely?