Zotero style repository - preview viewing problem

When I hover my mouse over the bottom few citation styles in the style repository, some or all of the style preview is out of view (the preview extends beyond (behind) the lower boundary of the browser window).

In Google Chrome I can use the scroll wheel of my mouse to scroll down to bring the preview into view, however with Firefox (v 4.0.1, Win XP SP3) this does not work. In Firefox, trying to scroll down to bring the preview in view results in the preview going away.

On a different issue - I don't get previews in Internet Explorer v8. Is this normal?
  • When I hover my mouse over the bottom few citation styles in the style repository, some or all of the style preview is out of view
    We're aware of this and are working on a fix. (This is a new version of the style repository as of a few days ago.)
    On a different issue - I don't get previews in Internet Explorer v8. Is this normal?
    We haven't tested it in IE8. Don't use IE8.
  • Thnaks for the response. I look forward to the fix.
    Don't use IE8.
    IE8 is the final version for Win XP and seems to have about 30% market share. Now that you are introducing standalone Zotero, isn't it in your interest to ensure zotero.org works well with the major browsers?
  • Currently there is no standalone plugin for IE - so people who use IE only are very unlikely to use Zotero in the first place. Once there is a plugin I'm not sure Zotero should spend time on assuring compatibility with outdated software when updates are free (and the new software is, if anything, less resource intensive). And the 30% user number is almost certainly not among academic users. Not anywhere close.
  • edited May 23, 2011
    What adamsmith said.
    IE8 is the final version for Win XP
    Nobody is forced to use IE just because they use XP.

If somebody wants to contribute a patch, we'll include it. It's unlikely that I'm going to spend any time on it myself.

It might end up getting fixed along with the offscreen popup fix, though.
  • I'd like to chime in on this issue too. I have a laptop with just a touch pad so I can't even try the scroll wheel trick with Chrome.