Sync Error: 332649492

Using Zotero 2.1.6, Firefox 4.0.1, Mac OSX 10.6.7.

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [mozIStorageConnection.commitTransaction]" nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 484" data: no]
  • That's a strange error.

1) Try restarting your computer.

2) Check your database integrity in the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences.

3) Disable all your other Firefox extensions.

4) Is this on a local drive, or an external/network drive? If the latter, try a local drive.
  • Local drive. Database integrity check came back "no errors." Disabled all other FF extensions then quit FF, restarted computer and reopened FF - same error.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces this?
  • Are you running any sort of non-standard security software on your Mac?

If not, perhaps try a new Firefox profile, pointing it to your existing Zotero data directory from the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences.

You could also try the DB Repair Tool anyway, even if you don't seem to have database corruption.
  • Thanks I'll try creating a new profile. I'm just backing up my current library first as I've never done so and it's quite large.
  • Right, I tried DB Repair Tool first as that seemed the simplest option, and that did the trick. Sync went back to normal immediately. Thanks for your help.