different language in one bibliography

Hi there,

I am a Chinese user of Zotero. For most Chinese journals, citation and bibliography for literature in Chinese and English are different. For example, in the bibligraphy:

Author1, author2, author3, et al. ....(English literature)
Author1, author2, author3, 等....(Chinese literature)

Author1 and author2 ...(English literature)
Auhtor1和author2...(Chinese literature, there are no spaces before and after the Chinese character)

more complex, the delimiter used in the bibliography may be different for different language.

In the citation:

(author1 et al., 1999) (English literature)
(author1等,1999) (Chinese literature, there are no spaces before the Chinese character)

My question is how to do this using a single style?

Any suggestion and comments will be really appreciated. Thank in advance.

Regards,
Jinsong
  • that's not possible at this time.
  • Jinsong,

The multilingual version of Zotero is capable of this. However, it is an experimental version, and the Zotero project does not provide support for it (meaning that if you had any problems with the experimental client, or with sync from the experimental client, you would be on your own).

The method for casting mixed-language bibliographies is also still undocumented. But if you wait for a few months, the tools for building such bibliographies can be expected to begin emerging.
  • @fbennett

glad to hear the news about support mixed-language bibliography. I have time to wait, :-)

When using LaTeX + BibTeX, we use an additional field, "language", in the .bst file as an conditional variable. In Zotero, I can fill this field when creating a item, however, it seems there is no such variable in CSL.

Regards,
    Jinsong
  • Yes, there is a Language field in Zotero, but it's not mapped to CSL currently. Both the variable mapping and support for language-specific styles will be addressed in the future.