bottom panel vs full window view - location not consistent

Hello -

I am running zotero 2.1.6. When I open zotero, it pops up as a panel in the bottom portion of the firefox window. I then have the option of clicking the "toggle tab mode" button to have zotero become a stand alone tab, occupying the full space of the zotero window. I often open zotero into a full tab in order to find a folder or particular item, as my database is quite large. While running version 1 of Zotero (when the panel maximized to the size of the firefox window but did not become a separate tab), when I toggled between the panel views, the location of my highlighted entry remained the same. For example, if I had folder 1 highlighted, then toggled to full screen and selected folder 2, I would still have folder 2 highlighted when I toggled back to the partial (bottom) panel. Now, however, when I toggle to the full-window tab view and select a folder, that selection does not remain consistent when I toggle back to the lower panel view. For example, I have folder 1 selected and then toggle to the full-window tab view and select folder 2. When I toggle back to the bottom panel view, I have folder 1 selected again.

This is extremely frustrating, as it means that if I want to use the icon in the address bar to import an item into my library, I must find the appropriate folder while in the panel view, where the directory window is much smaller and more awkward to navigate. Of course, I can expand the panel by dragging the top of the frame upwards, but then I have to drag it back down, and it's much easier to click the toggle switch.

This worked fine in version 1, and I assumed it was a bug that would be fixed in version 2 updates, but that has yet to happen. I can't figure out why this would have been purposefully introduced as a new feature. Am I missing something? Is there any hope of this reverting to the way things were?

thanks
Rich