pdf Drag and Drop problem

Hi,
I´ve just updated to Win7 and Firefox 4. When I drag and drop a pdf file into a citation the file disappears. It looks as if it´s there but when I try to open it the following message appears "The attached file could not be found. It may have been moved or deleted outside of Zotero"

This does not happen if I drop a file into zotero but not associate the file with a citation.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to solve it?
Thanks for your help
Micah
  • Just to be sure: When you say "citation" you mean a Zotero item, like a journal article, and you're trying to attach the pdf using drag&drop from the file system, right?
    That certainly should work.
    Create an error report immediately after first dragging a pdf to an item and then trying to open it. Post the Error ID here:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs
  • Error ID:2069921637
    Thanks for your swift response.
    By citation I mean Zotero Item.
    This time when I dragged and dropped and tried to open it it worked. However I then tried to rename it, which didn´t work. Following this i tried to reopen it and I again got the "The attached file could not be found. It may have been moved or deleted outside of Zotero" message.
  • (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFile.lastModifiedTime]" nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/item.js :: :: line 2716"
    Right-click on your Zotero data directory—the 'zotero' folder itself—and select Properties. In that window, make sure "Read-only" is unchecked.
  • Thanks. All seems to be working now.