Bibliography problem

I am using ms word for mac 2008 with the latest zotero and plug-ins. All was ok until I tried to enter a citation with more than one author; i'm using chicago style, 16th ed. The footnote was OK, but the bibliographic reference did not list in its proper order (Batnitzky, [other names] should come before Gottlieb, Michah, but it didn't! I had to cut and paste to get it right, but this is not how it's supposed to be. I searched the Forums, but couldn't find right answer. I am using the latest version of OSX Snow Leopard. Thanks!
  • Are you quite certain that you have Zotero 2.1.6 installed?
  • Ah, sorry. I misread. The problem is with the sort order of items in the bibliography, yes?
  • Yes. I do have 2.1.6
  • Can you export the items used in your bibliography (a small set, if possible, that illustrates the problem) as Zotero RDF (gear menu -> Export), and paste the code to gist.github.com as a public gist? I'd like to try to reproduce the problem here.
  • What's a gear menu? I'm sorry, i'm not a very sophisticated reader. It is simple: The bibliog sorted fine until I added a source with multiple names.
  • There is an icon in the top bar of Zotero that looks like a gear cog. If you click on it, that's the gear menu. The aim in asking you to post an export of sample data is to save time. A picture is worth a thousand words, as they say.
  • If it seems like a lot of trouble, you might just wait for the next release of Zotero, and see if that solves the problem.
  • Yes, thanks, I saw that. I will undo my cut and paste and reinsert so you can see the bug. Will do later, though, as I am in the middle of something. But thanks!
  • Hi fbennett,
    I don't know how to use clipboard, but I tried refresh, and it adjusted the order correctly! BTW, how does one use clipboard and export?
  • Yay, that's good news. If you select "Save to Clipboard", the content of the export will be stored on the computer's clipboard, which is where "cut", "copy" stash things, and where "paste" retrieves them from. So for an export, you could "Save to Clipboard", open a simple editing program (or the website at gist.github.com), and then right-click the mouse and select "Paste" to insert the content.