Openoffice plugin - disable writing to terminal

How do I prevent the Zotero OO plugin from writing messages of the type:

ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration: Executing setDocPrefs
ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration: Iterating mainLoop
ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration: Sending message "setDocPrefs"
ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration: Received message ["Application_getActiveDocument",[]]
ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration: Sending message null
ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration: Iterating mainLoop

and so on. It's very annoying. Thank you.
  • why do you start Ooo integration from terminal? And even if you do - you could just put an ampersand behind it to release the terminal? Or what am I missing?
  • I start OO from the terminal. Look, I was only asking a question. You are not missing anything except the part where I said it's annoying. I am not trying to start a debate, although to counter your point I will say that OO does not write stuff to terminal, so I doubt a valid usecase can be provided for an OO plugin to do so. Thanks.
  • To answer the question I needed to understand what's going on. And I don't have "a point" that you could counter - I was just asking questions, no reason to be testy.

The answer to your question is: put an ampersand behind your soffice command to release the terminal.
    I can't tell you why Ooo integration writes to the terminal - I didn't write it - but a lot of software does - it seems to me more like a matter of taste - one use case would be that terminal output can be used for low-level debugging and functionality tests, including by endusers, because it's much less overwhelming than full debug output.
  • Unfortunately putting an ampersand does not mean OO plugin stops writing messages to the terminal. I have to close the terminal.
  • edited May 13, 2011
    chengiz5: If you're on a Unix-style system, redirect the output. If you're running applications in this way and you're not on a Unix-style system, you should be.