Syncing single collections?

Hi there,

Is it possible in Zotero to sync single collections with the Zotero server?
I haven't downloaded the program yet as I'm at work and I can't right now, but I couldn't find any direct answers to this question online.

Essentially, I would want to create a GROUP with some other people and update (sync) only certain collections within this group library. For example, within this library I would want to have one collection, "dinosaur bones," and another one for "archaeological artifacts." The goal would be to have references within the "archaeological artifacts" collection sync with the server (i.e. update the server list with everything in this collection or update my client collection with the server list) without having anything in the "dinosaur bones" collection change - either on the server or in my local client.

Is this possible, or I am misunderstanding the functionality?
Thanks a lot!
Nwchamp
  • It's not possible via collections - that might happen at some point, but likely not very soon.

The way to go would be to put things you want to publish or make available to a client in a group (or several different groups if you have multiple clients) - you can separately adjust the settings for groups, e.g. making one publically available and another one just to invited members (such as the clients).
  • Hello, I was wondering whether there was any progress on syncing single collections in My Library, since 2011?
  • No, not possible. In 5.0 you can choose which libraries to sync from the Sync pane of the preferences, however. (Syncing individual collections doesn't make a lot of sense conceptually, since all items still exist in My Library.)