multiple letters same author same recipient

When I look in my zotero database, I can see the date of each letter, so it is easy to distinguish between multiple letters from the same author to the same recipient. When I add them as a citation, I cannot see the date in the browse box. How can I tell which letter is which?

Letters do not have titles. The title fields read, in brackets, [Letter to ...] since I do not fill the title field. I can't fill the title field, because nothing in the footnote should be in quotes or italics.
  • I'm using Chicago full-note-with-bib style.
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/finding_and_sorting#sorting
    To sort by other categories, you can click on the icon in the top right corner of your center column. You will then see the dropdown menu illustrated to the right. Check off any additional categories you would like to use for sorting. They will now appear in the center column and you can click on them to sort in just the same way you did with “Title” and “Creator”.
    That applies to the "add citation" dialog in the Word plug-in too.
  • Re-reading your post: your problem is with the Chicago style, isn't it? But what's the issue? Date? Title?
  • The citation insertion window has some well-known deficiencies-- it doesn't support selecting columns for display, for reasons no one seems to know. Hopefully this can be addressed in a future version of Zotero.