Add multiple authors with copy-paste

I would like the ability to add multiple authors by copy pasting. If I copy paste multiple lines to the author name box, the lines are combined as a single author name. I would like Zotero to create a new author for each pasted line.
  • This has been submitted as a patch by a user and implemented for creators and tags:
    https://github.com/zotero/zotero/pull/20
    but I believe it's in the trunk, i.e. in the branch scheduled for the 3.5 release
  • adamsmith, I am just curious -- is everything in the master (zotero/zotero on github) scheduled for the 3.5 release? Since the current release is 3.0.6, I am just wondering about 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4. Or maybe you meant 3.0.5? Currently that patch has been added to the master branch but has not been merged into the 3.0 branch from which the releases are tagged.
  • It's for the next major release - which, depending on how big it is, will either be 3.1 or 3.5 (just like Zotero jumped right from 1.0 to 1.5 and from 2.1 to 3.0) - but if it's going to - as I hope - include a revamp of fields that will be a substantial effort and likely mean 3.5.
  • That's a pity to wait a major release to implement some features. I don't speak for this patch (multiple authors by copy pasting) in particular (since I think it doesn't seem to be a trivial change) but for others. If the devs can elaborate a bit more on their policy in this matter, that would be great.
    (and sorry to make a kind of double-post on this).