Copying files from PC to LT and back

I am new to Zotero and trying to move data file from PC to LT and back. As posted under entry #3 in import /export thread, I followed the FAQ instructions and I copied my zotero folder to the LT through a flash drive, and simply replaced it in the directory structure on the LT. Problem: The subfolders are missing and highlights are missing. What do I need to do to get an exact copy over to the LT ? Thanks in advance
  • Well, I returned later to the LT and started a new session and lo and behold the subfolders and highlight are there. So, it may need a restart for all attributes to fall in ? Comment: Also, I've seen some other threads on sync utilities. I'm a big fan of MS FolderShare (FS). It works to an extent, but again I had trouble with all attributes syncing. FS screamed at the sqlite files, and I went ahead and took Zotero off FS. I just feel more comfortable leaving well-enough alone & flash-driving back & forth right now. PS: I'm excited about this great utility and I hope to see it flourish- BC
  • Firefox needs to be closed on both computers before copying or else you risk corrupting your data.
  • Yes, as my first post stated: "I followed the FAQ instructions"
  • OK, but if Firefox is closed on the target machine when you copy the data over, there's no reason why the subfolders wouldn't appear after starting Firefox.