Can indexing be targeted?

Is there any way I can target the indexing of items in my collection? I can only find 'index unindexed items' as a limiting option but it's too wide and results in very time consuming indexing sessions when I have to suspend all work and wait - and I mean wait for hours (because firefox freezes when indexing is running).

I'd like to be able to run the index routine on a defined set of items - via multiselection of items, or by selecting a subfolder for example - I can't see this is possible.

Is there any way I can target the set of items I want indexed at any given time?
  • I don't think so. The idea is that Zotero indexes items as they come in, why does that not work?
  • o it works alright, but it slows firefox down and freezes it as soon as the indexing routine is running, hence I keep it switched off (set to 0 chars, 0 pages) when I do the searching and harvesting of material - then I run the indexing, often over night because it is so time consuming and I don't have a means to pinpoint what I would like to have indexed. It seems to be either 'all (unindexed)' or 'nothing'.

Maybe I should move this topic over to feature requests?