Error Syncing and restoring to server

Hi, I think this is my fault. I noticed a seeming error in my zotero database yesterday - it said that citations had been modified when they certainly hadn't. So I tried to restore to server from another computer. Which I think might have been a bit dimwitted of me now that - after the fact - I've looked closer at the guidance.

Anyway, I've had no luck with syncing since, either ordinarily or restoring to or from the server. I've no idea what I've done. Perhaps I'm just asking too much of the server and ought to either keep trying or try at a quieter time but some guidance for how to unstick myself would be much appreciated.

My error ID is 2083799206 and my debug ID is D803556572.
  • First, this is just a file sync error—your data should have synced fine, and you should be able to see it on zotero.org.

But as for this one, do you get this each time? If so, can you provide another Report ID and Debug ID?
  • Hi Dan. Thanks for this. Yes: I've been getting the same thing - on different machines - since yesterday afternoon GMT. I've had another go just now. My error ID is 1175576771 and my Debug ID is D1331209234
  • Hi there, just an update. I'm still getting this file sync error. I purged my online database and set up a local database that only had two references in it, one with a 4MB pdf file attached. This synced, though with a few errors.

Then I imported another 500 citations. This has only synced about 1 or 2 MB out of a possible 300MB. The citations seem to be uploaded but the sync always fails soon into the file transfer.

Also, I've tried this on a few computers (all on Ubuntu 11:04 or 10:04). I've also had a go on Firefox profiles that were only running Zotero and Lastpass as add-ons. No joy.

My latest Report ID is 802136041 and my latest Debug ID is D1690583845.
  • Can you restart Firefox, try syncing five or so times in a row, and provide another Report ID?
  • Hi Dan. Thanks for coming back to me. Did as you asked. Report ID: 227089927
  • Can you check your database integrity in the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences?

It may be fine, but I do see a Firefox error in your error report that indicates that your Firefox Places database is corrupt:
    [JavaScript Error: "Async statement execution returned with '11', 'database disk image is malformed'" {file: "resource://gre/components/nsPlacesExpiration.js" line: 619}]
    Corruption in your Firefox profile directory could affect the Zotero database too.
  • And regardless of the status of the integrity check, can you upload your database to the DB Repair Tool and e-mail the Upload ID to support@zot....org, with a link to this thread? You can ignore the download link the tool provides. Don't post your Upload ID publicly.
  • Hi Dan, sorry for taking so long coming back to you: childcare duties got in the way.

I've done as instructed in your last post. Also the internal integrity check doesn't turn up any errors. I've tried the sync from an entirely new Firefox profile as well (Zotero and Lastpass being the only two extensions I have running on that profile) but the file sync still fails.

Many thanks for your help with this.
  • OK, I think I've finally gotten to the bottom of this. It looks like it was due to a server problem, which I've now fixed. Try syncing now, and let us know if it works.
  • Works perfectly now thanks. Had to reset sync history for it to see that it was missing the pdf files etc but I think I'm back where I was. Thanks for all your help!