Renamig a group does not work

When logged in tp zotero.org, I created a group with a certain name and an associated group library. Soon thereafter it showed up in my zotero pane "Group Libraries" as it should. Then I renamed the group when logged in to zotero.org and everything went fine there. However, in the zotero pane, the old name still remains even after 3-4 days... Seems like a bug. How can I fix it?
  • The problem still remains, and Zotero claims that the group library in question is empty, even though I have added about 25 items to it. This bug(?) prevents the group members to access the group library. All they see is an empty one. And all I see is the obsolete
    name of the group and its associated library...
  • (Also, are bothide and galileo both your usernames? If so, it's a little confusing when you keep posting from different accounts.)
  • AFAIK (confirmed by zotero people here), there is no other way to have other zotero users have access to my database than either (1) to give them my login and password or (2) to create a group library and copy from my database to the group library (a very tedious process if you have thousands of items to copy.. ).

During the futile attempts for week by to get this functionality from zotero I decided to create an account called "galileo" to try for myself to sync from my own account "bothide" to "galileo". Needless to say, I failed.

So here we are, a group of authors of a book who all need access to the very same zotero database not being able to do so. I would have thought that this sharing of a database between authors would be one of the prime uses of zotero but apparently I was wrong. As mentioned above, the only two ways to achieve this seem to be to use the cumbersome, error-prone and tedious process of hand-copying hundreds, perhaps thousands, of items by hand from my database to a group library, or to dole out my co-authors my login credentials.

Note that the group library process does not work since zotero fails to change the group name.
  • Correction:
    "During the futile attempts for week by to get this functionality..."
    should have been
    "During the futile attempts for weeks by my co-authirs to get this functionality..."
  • you're making it harder to give you proper support by mixing up issues. Stick to the group issue for this thread and follow the steps described by the help page that Dan links to above.
    As for the several accounts - what matters is that we need to know that we're talking to the same person and not someone else with a similar issue - thus it's helpful to either use the same account or identify yourself as the same person (which you've now done).
  • If you mean http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/changes_not_syncing we have already reported the error message in a separate thread.
  • The error message I mentioned in my previous posting is "'18' is not a valid field for type 13".
  • ok that's the issue then - the changes will likely show up once the sync goes through, so once that issue is resolved you'll likely be fine here, too.
  • I'm closing this thread, then. The linked page explains why no changes are syncing, so there's no need for a separate thread.
This discussion has been closed.