request for german speaking historians

first of all, thanks for your great work!!!

I tried to adjust the citation style of "chicago full note" for my work (german speaking historian), but I am afraid to mess the style up.

I am working with zotero 2.1.6. + Word 2004 on a mac OS 10.6.7.
I'd like to delete the empty line between the footnotes.
And within the style the parentheses around the place, publishing house and Date.
And delete the publishing house.

i.e. instead of:
Michel Foucault, Die Geburt der Klinik. Eine Archäologie des ärztlichen Blicks (Frankfurt, Berlin, Wien: Ullstein, 1976).

like this:
Michel Foucault, Die Geburt der Klinik. Eine Archäologie des ärztlichen Blicks. Frankfurt, Berlin 1976.

the same if it's just a book Section.

I'd appreciate any helpful suggestions a lot.
thank you!
  • You can't mess up the style - just work on a copy (and even if you mess up the original, you can always re-install)
    http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step
    I can help you with this eventually, but it's going to take time.

Quick thoughts: the publisher is
    <text variable="publisher"/> likely somewhere in a macro called publisher-note or so. That same macro also includes the parentheses, I believe called as part of a group, i.e.
    <group prefix="(" suffix=")">

Line spacing in Footnotes isn't done by Zotero, you should be able to adjust the Footnote style in Word/Ooo.
  • Thank you very much, Adam, for your helpful suggestions!
    I'll give it a try.
    all the best
  • I'm happy to answer specific questions if you run intro problems - just ask here.