Importing an exported library

Is there a way to import what is produced by "Export Library..." ? Running "Import..." and selecting the .rdf file that is produced doesn't work. This would be very useful for moving a library from one installation of Zotero to another.

Is there another recommended way to move a library from one installation of Zotero to another? (on different computers, etc)

I'm sorry if this is answered in the documentation, I can't find it.
  • export --> import should work, if it doesn't that's a bug, but it's not the recommended way to move a library anyway.
    To do that, you can either use zotero sync, or manually copy the data folder:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data
  • edited April 20, 2011
    export -> import does not work. After selecting the rdf file in the folder created by "Export Library...", a popup comes up with "The selected file is not in a supported format."

However, I just found that exporting and importing a *collection* does work.

Versions: Firefox 3.5.5, Zoterro 2.0.9, Gentoo Linux, KDE
  • I understand why you'd stick with Zotero 2.0.9, but I don't think anyone has the time to fix this for old versions of Zotero and Firefox - by all accounts this works in Zotero 2.1