Error 14635922

Error message: '18' is not a valid field for type 13
  • I receive this error repeatedly during syncing
  • Can you both provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces this error?
  • The Debug ID is D1329991853.
  • bothide: 1) Do you have a Zotero Quick Start Guide item in your local library? 2) Is it a newspaper article item? 3) If so, do you recall how it got to be a newspaper article item?
  • I have looked but couldn't find a Zotero Quick Start anywhere in my library.
  • Can you upload your database to the DB Repair Tool and e-mail the Upload ID to support@zot....org, with a link to this thread? You can ignore the download link the tool provides. Don't post the Upload ID publicly.
  • Well, if you tell me exaclty what you mean by "your database" and describe in detail where I find it and how I go about to upload it, I wiil try.
  • it's described under the link Dan gives you.
    Your database is the zotero.sqlite file in the Zotero data directory:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data
  • If I understand correctly, it is the database I have on my computer (not my database on the zotero server, neither the one I have on my WebDAV server). if so, the sheer size of it will prohibit an upload from home and I will have to wait until I get to the office where I have a 1Gb/s connection...
  • right - it's the one on your computer. Remember, though, that it's just the sqlite, not the entire folder - i.e. none of the attached files. And you can zip it before uploading (as, again, specified under the link provided by Dan.) The sqlite for a large database can still be a couple of hundred MBs, though.
  • I followed the instructions and uploaded the zotero.sqlite file (75 MB). After a while, I received a (modified, I assume) version of my zotero.sqlite file. Following this message from zotero, I installed this new zotero.sqlite file to replace the old one. Still the very same error message "'18' is not a valid field for type 13" appears.
  • from Dan's message: "e-mail the Upload ID to support@zot....org, with a link to this thread? "
    The point was for Zotero devs to be able to figure out what's going on.
    We're really making an effort to help, but you'll need to help us by reading and following instructions carefully.
  • I am sorry, but I do not understand what I should do. You (and David) mention something called "The Upload ID". Where do I find this? And exactly what to you mean by "a link to this thread"? I am trying my best - and I have 25+ years of advanced (UNIX) programming under my belt but find many things with zotero quite confusing and counter-intuitive.

We are getting desperate. In order to speed up the writing of books and articles, I and my co-authors made the strategic decision already in February to go for zotero to speed up the authtoring process. More than two months and hundreds upon hundreds of hours of hard work with zotero we have not come very far at all. After some struggle, I managed to create my own database and sync it with one of my other computers. At first I was not aware that the halting of the syncing halfways for 20 hours or more, was normal (even for my 1Gb/s Internet connection). But that's it. Still, after all this time and effort, my co-authors have not been able to get access to one single item of my zotero database.
  • when you upload a database to the database repair tool, it gives you an upload ID, clearly displayed and labeled as such when the upload is completed.
    Dan (not David...) asked you to e-mail that to the support e-mail address, including a link to this thread - i.e. the URL of this thread -
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/17634/error-14635922/
    so they know which problem this refers to.
  • edited April 25, 2011
    Thanks for the help. I have now uploaded the database once again, noting down the Upload ID which I mailed to support@zot....org, also mentioning the link http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/17634/error-14635922/

I hope I got it right this time...
  • 1) The Zotero Quick Start Guide is in your library, in the trash. It was deleted two weeks ago.

2) It appears to have been changed into a Newspaper Article item.

3) This is exposing a sync bug in Zotero.

We'll fix the bug, but empty your trash and this will probably go away.
  • Thanks a lot!

1) Very likely I deleted it two weeks ago. However, the zotero search tool I used did
    not spot it in the Trash sp I was not aware of its existence there.

2) I did not change it into a Newspaper Article. Not intentionally anyway...

3) Glad to be of help to find the bug even if it took many valuable hours away from our
    work.

Seems like this problem went away. Now the syncing seems to work again but will take a loooong time (a couple of days?) to finish. Also, the group libaray name is now correct.