Debian problem with Firefox / OO integration

Error Report: 1110877567

Wasn't quite sure whether I needed to start my own discussion to report this error or could add it to an ongoing discussion. This error report is very similar (identical?) to one by jvolk; Mar 17th 2011; in the discussion titled: "Troubleshooting: [Ubuntu] Firefox could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor."

I get the "Firefox could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor." in Debian Squeeze Stable 6.0.1 (Kernel 2.6.32-5-686) no matter what suggestions I've tried for making this work. The error associated with this Error Report occurs after I've tried the following attempted fixes:

#Make sure the java plug-in is actually turned on in add-ons > plug-ins
#zotero only works w/ sun java 6; install jre and plugin.
#go to word processor integration plugin preferences in Firefox add-ons and tell it to reinstall openoffice components
#Issue the following and tell it to use sun java 6 as the default:
sudo update-alternatives --config java
#Issue this to tell it to use sun java 6 plugin:
sudo update-alternatives --config mozilla-javaplugin.so
#remove: icedtea6-6-jre-cacao and icedtea6-plugin

Be sure you have activated the java runtime in openoffice
tools->options->opnoffice.org->java
in the right side panel check "use java runtime environment"
a list of installed runtime envs will appear
check the sun's one then Ok
restart your OO
and firefox
and try again

The error messages look like some kind of access problem. The apparmor software does not appear to be in my Synaptic repositories, let alone installed.

Some other info:

I'm running Iceweasel 3.5.16 (which basically should be Firefox). This is the most up to date version of the browser in Debian stable, so I can't upgrade to a more recent version of Zotero or Zotero word processor integration, to my knowledge.

Also running:
Zotero 2.0.9
Zotero OO Integration 3.0b3
OpenOffice 3.2.1
java version "1.6.0_24" (according to command line and JavaTester)
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_24 (according to about:plugins)

Cheers!
Peter