Installer is corrupt

I am trying to install version 2.1.5 in Firefox 4.0. It downloads, and then won't install because it says the installer is corrupt.

The Word add-in v2.1 installs correctly.
  • I tried all the fixes. None of them worked except for the very last one - installing it from the Firefox Add-on home page. That worked fine. Thanks for the help!
  • OK, but note that that's not recommended. Even if there's a problem with your network preventing the installation, you should be able to have someone on a different network download the file and e-mail it to you.
  • Hmmm... I was able to download the file, both with just a normal left-click on the Download box, as well as right-click and save file, and then drag and drop onto Firefox. In both cases I got the error that the file was corrupt.

The other fixes I tried were deleting the cache, deleting the extensions.ini etc. files, restarting Firefox, etc.

Either way it's now working fine. Hopefully it was just some problem very specific to my installation that. I'm sure if it's a problem for others you'll here about it soon enough. ;)