Difficulty Loging In

Not that I am someone who poses many questions, but I've been unable to log in for the past four, or so, weeks. When I attempted to login in over the past month, my log in information page containing my email address and password came up, I instructed the page to move on to the next page, and absolutely nothing happens. I've been able to log in this morning because I happened to hit the Page Info button on Firefox Tools and I fiddled with resetting the entries. It appears to have worked. But I notice now that my choices do not stick once I leave Firefox. Is that what is supposed to happen? Or am I doing it incorrectly? I don't recall having had this problem in the past when I first logged in some months back. Needless to say, I am not as computer literate as I would like to be, but I thought that I knew more than it may seem. I mention this because I may not be able to log in again once I exit. If I'm doing something incorrectly, would someone please tell me.

My OS is XP Pro
I'm using Zotero 2.1.5
  • just to clarify - your problem is logging in to the Zotero forum, right?
    One thing to try is if things work more smoothly with internet explorer. If that's the case, something is odd about your Firefox settings.
  • First, thank you for replying.

In response to your question: Yes, my problem has been with logging into the Zotero support groups, ...although apparently not at the moment.

I tried your IE suggestion, and while the screen real-estate is garbled, I can log in, but I cannot get to any of the support groups because of the way in which IE handles the SUPPORT button, or, more accurately, fails to handle it.

Just one question: Is there a way to get Firefox to save the data I enter when I open Tools-->Page Info-->Permissions? This seems to be the key. However, it also seems that whenever I leave Firefox, the permissions go back to a default position, and I am faced with having to reset them every time I go to the Zotero site.

If it is, then it might be useful to inform Zotero users to change the PERMISSIONS settings on Firefox. Had I not hit on this solution by accident, I would still be wondering how to solve my problem.
  • the forum works fine using default settings - you must be using some custom security settings - likely with regards to cookies.You can set those in the privacy tab of the Preferences (in the Edit menu). There are also add-ons that affect cookie management that you may have installed.

If you don't understand your own security settings (possibly because someone else set them for you) it's likely a good idea to just find a way to get them back to their default and Zotero's forum will work just fine.
  • Adam: Thank you.