Social Work Abstracts (EBSCO)

I've been having this problem for a long time now. When I download articles from Social Work Abstracts (the EBSCO version), it consistently downloads journal articles as "Documents" which is a problem, because it doesn't grab the journal name, volume, issue or page numbers. I could download the exact same article from a different EBSCO database, such as Academic Search Complete, and it will work fine, it just doesn't work in Social Work Abstracts.

1) is anyone else finding this problem? The problem has persisted through the latest couple of versions of Zotero.

2) this is a problem particularly here at my institution, as our School of Social Work has adopted Zotero as its official citation manager, and they use this database heavily.
  • I don't have access to Social Work Abstracts through my university subscription, so I can't test this or fix it. Can you export one reference from SWA in RefMan/Endnote/RIS format and post it here? It's probably malformed-- if so, we can try to intercept those documents and set them to the correct item type.