Zotero has encountered an error while updating your document (ID 785787911)

Hey,
After updating zotero to the new version 2.1.5 with firefox 4,
it gave me this error whenever i wanted to change or edit my old files(word
2007),
Zotero has encountered an error while updating your document(785787911)
any idea ??
best regards,

[JavaScript Error: "Image corrupt or truncated: <unknown>" {file:
"<unknown>" line: 0}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Error in getField: term "10" does
not exist.' when calling method: [nsITimerCallback::notify]" nsresult:
"0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>"
data: no]"]
  • Similar problem, or rather, identical message, this time on Word 2010 on Windows 7 (853093586)
  • in addition sometimes i git this error ID (1741136263)
    [JavaScript Error: "aucun élément trouvé" {file: "http://sn1msg1010740.sn1.gateway.edge.messenger.live.com/actions/signin/" line: 1}]

[JavaScript Error: "aucun élément trouvé" {file: "http://sn1msg1010740.sn1.gateway.edge.messenger.live.com/actions/signin/" line: 1}]
  • edited April 9, 2011
    This is caused by an issue upgrading documents with Zotero 2.1.2 and earlier with citations using non-page locators (line numbers, folios, etc.). If you have a backup of the document from before then, you could try that; Zotero 2.1.5 should upgrade the documents without issue. Alternatively, Zotero 2.1.6 will fix these issues automatically when it is released.
  • Any date / time frame for 2.1.6 Simon? I note in another forum it was said to be the "end of the week" (ie, just gone).
  • edited April 9, 2011
    I remember writing that, but qualified by "but that's just a guess". I'm not a developer, just another user; Simon or Dan know the real picture, but there is no hostage to fortune in the mix; they haven't given any indication yet.
  • Fair enough! No pressure on anyone (other than returning to the dark ages of hard typing citations makes me realised how spoilt we've been by Zotero's functionality!)
  • Can one of you make a backup of your document and install the Zotero 2.1 Branch XPI and make sure it solves the issue? Once you refresh the document, you should be able to reinstall Zotero 2.1.5 and everything should continue to work.
  • Trying that now! Keep you posted.
  • Seems to have fixed it! in 2.1 branch at least, although doing a refresh through the whole document seems to leave some odd glyphs in references where there is a space immediately before a piece of punctuation: eg "Keith Yellin, Battle Exhortation : the rhetoric of combat leadership" contains a bird between "Exhortation" and ":" ! (screen clip taken if you can tell me where to post)

Will try reinstall 2.1.5 and see if the refresh sticks
  • Well that worked! reinstalled 2.1.5 and the document remain updated. I am able to insert and edit citations. TVM for the tip (and looking forward to 2.1.6 being released).