2.1 : author, editor, container-author without first name

in 2.0.9, if an author, container-author, editor ... has no first name, which is not an exception, especially with ancient Greek authors, or when it's an organization, that doesn't cause any problem.

With 2.1, whatever style I use, I get strange results, except in the case where there is just one author.

If I enter a . (point) in the first-name field, the result seems to be OK, but it is certainly not a good solution.

Any other suggestion ?
  • We'll work out a more graceful solution, but in the short term, formatting will come out correctly in these cites if the name is entered in the firstName field. This is not an ideal solution; my own thought is for the firstName or lastName fields to produce the same results, with single-entry mode reserved for institutions.

This also wants documentation, which I will try to get online in the next day or two.
  • I made a try, moving lastname to firstname, but this cannot be a solution, since the lastname is used for sorting items.

When we want to choose an item, we most often choose it from the lastname, so it is necessary to have it.

As I said before, there are quite a lot of authors, editors,... with no christian name, you can then imagine the result if they all are blank !

For the moment, the solution with a point (.) in the christian name is a better palliative, but I will appreciate when this field can be left empty without damage.
  • In Zotero 2.1.6, the behavior of Zotero 2.0 will be restored.
  • edited April 15, 2011
    @fbennett
    I upgraded to 2.1.6 and confirm that it's OK

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.