Tool bar not appearing

After a recent update of the Zotero Firefox addin, when I click the Z the screen splits horizontally but the tool bar between the two sections does not appear for some windows. This used to work fine. Now there is no way to capture the article in the top window. Though I just switched to FireFox 4, it was also happening in FF3.6. I have updated to the latest Zotero addin for FF.

I am using Win 7
  • Disable your other Firefox extensions and any non-default theme or Persona you have.

If that doesn't help, delete localstore.rdf, which stores window settings, from your Firefox profile directory and restart Firefox.
  • I tried that a couple of times and it did not help. What next boss?

On some windows, the tool bar is there and others it is not. It most often does not work on print friendly views of pages. But, it used to work fine on printer friendly pages.

I really like Z and hate to give it up. Is there any hot key or the like to get the tool bar to appear or another way to make it copy the article?

Larry
  • Oh, wait, so is this just on certain sites, when they open popup windows with various browser features turned off? If so, that should be pretty uncommon, but we've fixed it in the latest dev build for the next release.
  • Dan
    Unfortunately for me, printer friendly pages are almost exclusively what I copy with Z. I am looking forward to the next release.

Larry
  • It still shouldn't be that common, since it's only in certain popup windows. What's an example?
  • Try
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110405151612.htm
    then click print and cancel the automatic print dialog box that opens, then try Z.