bibliography order not correct APA 6th ed

Using

Mac OS X 10.6.7
Word for Mac 2008
Zotero 2.1.4
Firefox 4.0
MacWord integration 3.1.2
APA 6th edition style

The bibliography is positioning a book entry alphabetically according to second author instead of the first author and I cannot find a way to edit the order of this entry correctly. The first author has no first initial. Any suggestions would be helpful, thank you.
  • edited April 2, 2011
    I think I understand your issue, and will take a look. Does this describe the way the data is entered?

First author
    lastName: [empty]
    firstName: Banksy

Second author
    lastName: Smith
    firstName: John

[...]

(Edit: If you have the first-listed author name in the lastName field, you will get the behavior you describe. Putting the name in the firstName field should make things come out correctly. If not, post a response and we'll look into this more closely.
  • Sorry for the delay to respond. The data was not entered as in your example. Putting the last name in the first name field made it come out correctly. Thank you for the help.
  • Great, thanks for getting back. It will be better if the software treats both lastname and firstname fields as personal names. I'll make a note to work toward changing this, but meanwhile it's good to know that the workaround solves the immediate problem.
  • As you have probably noticed, from Zotero 2.1.6, the handling of single and multiple fields has returned to the earlier behavior.