Bibliography Bug: Sorting by year of publication of same authors, unneccessary subletters

I'm using Firefox 4, Zotero 2.1.2, Word 2007.

Zotero is inserting an unnecessary subletter, added to the year, when creating the bibliography.

In APA v6 style, if the same author(s) has/have multiple publications in the same year, it calls for the insertion of a lowercase letter (a, b, c) after the year to distinguish in the in-text citations, etc.

However, in the document I'm creating now, Zotero is doing this with publications from different years.

Example:

Pace, R. C. (1984c). Measuring the quality of college student experiences: An account of the development and use of the college student experiences questionnaire. Los Angeles, CA: Higher Education Research Institute, University of California Los Angeles.

Pace, R. C. (1985d). The credibility of student self-reports. Los Angeles, CA: Higher Education Research Institute, University of California Los Angeles.

Pace, R. C. (1990). The undergraduates: A report of their activities and progress in the 1980s. Los Angeles, CA: Higher Education Research Institute, University of California Los Angeles.

(NOTICE THE ABSENCE OF "a" OR "b" AND THE ABSENCE OF ANY LETTER ON THE 1990 REFERENCE)

I also saw this addition of a subletter in a biblio entry for a publication that had a set of authors that was SIMILAR to a nearby entry, but each one was different by 1 of 4 authors. This subletter disappeared at some point during the entry of other citations/references and/or document update.
  • 2.1.3 is out - go ahead and install that, see if that fixes things - there are so many things being sorted out at the moment that I'm having a hard time keeping track with which update fixes which issue.
  • With that input, I get the following from APA 6th, so it's not a simple issue to reproduce:

Pace, R. C. (1984). The credibility of student self-reports. Los Angeles. Los Angeles, CA: Higher Education Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles.

Pace, R. C. (1985). Measuring the quality of college student experiences: An account of the development and use of the college student experiences questionnaire. Los Angeles, CA: Higher Education Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles.

Pace, R. C. (1990). The undergraduates: A report of their activities and progress in the 1980s. Los Angeles, CA: Higher Education Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles.
    (hanging indent elided)

A few questions that might provide a clue to the cause:

(1) Have you changed any entries in the bibliography with the bibliography editor?

(2) Have you changed any citations with the bibliography editor?

(3) Have you deleted items by R.C. Pace from the document that might have initially triggered the suffixes?

(4) Has this document been upgraded from an earlier version of Zotero?

(5) Do you get the same result when you delete and reinsert the bibliography?

(5) When you delete the bibliography, then paste the entire text into a newly created Word document, then reinsert the bibliography there, does "Refresh" produce the same result?
  • An issue that may have produced this error has recently been fixed. If the behavior is not already correct in 2.1.6, you should find that it is corrected in the following release.
This discussion has been closed.