Working with In-text Citation (same text) on multiple computers ??

Hello,

What would be the best way to work on the SAME TEXT with "in-text citation" as a group using different computers?

I guess it would be to work from a group library and ONLY from this group library on the same text. Would there be another way to do it (without the dependency of Zotero server)?

Any advice? ?

(I didn't work a lot with In-text citation in Zotero and we are planning to use it for a book. I'm a little scared of problems, because Zotero libraries seems not easily sharable between different users)

Sorry for my Frenchglish writing.

Christian
  • I guess it would be to work from a group library and ONLY from this group library on the same text. Would there be another way to do it (without the dependency of Zotero server)?
    that's the solution designed for this issue - anything else would involve some type of hack. What's wrong with this?
  • Thanks,

Nothing wrong really except, for example, that you start a text with your personal library and you want to add people working on it after the job is started. The other problem would be if we don't have access to the web for a while or if there would be problems with Zotero server...

It should be fine, I wanted to know if it was the only viable solution.

Thanks for the response,

C.
  • There was talk once (Dan, I think) of invisible threads (relationships) tying together group and personal items -- that Zotero knows internally which ones are copies of which personal library items. This knowledge isn't used at present?