Citation Styles

I am preparing a paper for submission to a journal and in their instructions for authors they provide the following example of citation style:

Journal Article: Morrison A.J., Roth K. A taxonomy of business-level strategies in global industries. Strategic Management Journal 1992;13:399--418.

Book: Adler, N. International dimensions of organized behavior. Boston: PWS Kent, 1991.

Book Chapter: Root, F.R. Some reflections on the evolution of international business as a field of study; From periphery to center. In: D. Nigh, B. Toyne, eds. International business: Institutions and the dissemination of knowledge. Columbia (SC): University of South Carolina Press, 1994: 742--745.

Could someone help me identify the proper citation style from Zotero's drop down menu.

Thanks
TS

The link to the journal and its guide for authors:
http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620400/authorinstructions
  • you don't even say how they're cited in text, but have a look at the Elsevier styles in the repository
    http://www.zotero.org/styles
  • Sorry, about this. Here is the paragraph describing how references should be cited in text.

"Citation in the text is by name(s) of authors, followed by year of publication in parentheses. For references authored by more than two contributors use first author's name and et al. For multiple citation in the same year use a, b, c after year of publication. The reference list should be typed alphabetically according to the following style."

I looked at the Elsevier styles and none of them seem to be matching the citation style in the specific journal.

Thank you for you help.
    TS
  • OK, see here then - good chance the style doesn't yet exist.
  • I see.

Meanwhile, I just need a quick way to format my references according to the journals specs. I have entered the citations in the text manually.

I looked at the Zotero style repository and it seems that the bibliography in the "Academic Medicine (Formerly Journal of Medical Education)" is the one coming closer to what I want. However the 'install' is not available. Is there another style that has replaced it?
    Thanks
    TS
  • that style is the same as Vancouver - it will give you number instead of author-date in text. Also, which Zotero version are you using? That should install just fine except in standalone - where you can't use the install buttons from the repository at all, I believe)
  • Thanks, Vancouver will do the work for now and it is on Zotero's defaults list already!

I am running version 2.1.2