zotero 2.x insert citation : locators altered

I just upgraded from zotero 2.0.9 to zotero 2.1.1.

Checking the citations, I noticed that the locators had not been correctly moved.

Whatever they were (verse, livre) the result is always "page".

I hope it can be solved soon, for there are plenty.

Thanks for repairing it
  • If no other news emerges as we sleep here in Japan, I'll check into this on the CSL processor side tomorrow.
  • Well, one more before hitting the sack. Never clear until an issue is finally resolved, but the processor is handling input data correctly, so if there is an issue here, it seems likely to be on Zotero-side.
  • This will be fixed in 2.1.2, which will probably be out later today. You'll have to upgrade the older copy of your document.
  • I updated Zotero with 2.1.2, but I get a more serious problem :

When I choose my style to update the document, I get the answer:

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    Zotero a rencontré une erreur lors de la mise à jour de votre document

I tried with Chicago Full Note and got the same error

The bibliography itself is correct

I tried another style (not on the repository) that doesn't suit my demands, but it doesn't make Firefox crash. It doesn't handle "verse" neither "book", but when I open the citation box, I can see there is "verse" or "book" in the citation itself (by the way, it is not translated as it was before), so the conversion seems to be correct.

I use Firefox 3.6.16, Word 2003, Zotero Winword integration 3.1b1

What can I do ?
  • Turn on reporting, restart Firefox, trigger the error, and submit a report ID.
  • Debug ID : D1709685143
  • Sorry, I'm not familiar with these reports :

Report ID : 871416380
  • Error in getField: term "15" does not exist.
  • Excuse me again, I don't understand what that could mean.
    In case this message concerned my style, I checked it and can affirm there is no "15" in it

I made another try with Chicago Full note.
    It is the same error

The report ID is : 1719878344

Would it come from the full notes ?

This crash didn't happen with Zotero 2.1.1

I really don't know what to do
  • That wasn't for you.
  • l3lafitte: I think I've figured out what's going on. If I'm right, your document will be okay, but there will need to be a little adjustment to Zotero to get it going. Please bear with us for a day or two.

Here's my hypothesis, which I'm about 95% sure is on the money: In 2.0.9, the locator labels ("page", "sub verbo" etc.) were received in the document as numbers 0-15 (there are 16 items in the list), but in the new architecture, they are recorded literally, as the keywords themselves. Your document is breaking because it's trying to use "15" instead of "verse" for the locator label.

It's a simple thing to fix; we know what numbers stand for which labels in the 2.0.9 system, so which Zotero sees a number, it just needs to convert it to the appropriate keyword before sending it to the processor. The processor will send the finished citation details back to the document with keywords instead, so Zotero needs to be able to read and handle both.

Look for this to be fixed in Zotero 2.1.3. If you're in a rush, you'll be able to get the change by installing the branch XPI soon as the change is made. Simon or Dan may ask you to test the branch before it is released to the general public, to be sure that your document is happy with it.
  • OK.

I wait until you tell me to make a try

By the way, I was expecting that the new version would accept an universal locator as I proposed it in a previous post (oct 2010),

"Universal locator type"

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/14717/universal-locator-type/#Item_4

Isn't any hope to have it ?
  • Not in this version of the client, I think. It would be relatively simple to add such a feature, though, as a "none" term that the processor simply ignores.
  • @fbennett
    I upgraded to 2.1.6 and retrieved "verse", "book" as in 2.0.9

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.