Debug ID: D2024456218 (inactive sync)

Helping a student restore data from Zotero storage and the Zotero data server, it seems that sync is not progressing.

The student entered his login details into the Sync pane, and I had him log onto zotero.org and access his library and groups to be sure that the correct ID and password were used. The client appears to proceed without any validation error. We started a sync running and left the machine to run overnight (about 15 hours in all). There are no signs of progress in the client, and the icon is still spinning.

Unfortunately I didn't capture the debug trace from that run. The initial portion of a run I've just initiated again has been pushed under the ID in the subject line. I can push more of the log tomorrow if it will be useful; I'll just set the machine aside and let it continue doing its thing.
  • Hold that thought. I've been trying several versions of the xpi. In a fresh attempt, with the branch xpi, the client Firefox has locked up, which I take to be a sign of activity behind the scenes. It's a fairly big sync, and could take awhile to marshall if that's in progress. Will write again when I have better information.
  • ... and sure enough, the account has now synced. Pretty quickly, too.