plug-in for OO on Mac, Open Office 3.3, Firefox 4.0, Zotero 2.1.1

Hello,

I've upgraded to Firefox 4.0 and Zotero 2.1.1; I'm using it with Open Office 3.3 on a Mac (Snow Leopard OS).

First, I tried using the newest plug-in 3.5a1. When I try using it (i.e. clicking on 'insert citation' in Open Office) I get:
"Zotero Integration Error
Zotero experienced an error updating your document.
'[JavaScript Error: "_lastDataListener is undefined" {file: "file:///Users/conorlittle/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/2fmdqizs.default/extensions/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration.js" line: 194}]' when calling method: [zoteroIntegrationApplication::getActiveDocument]"

When I try using the older plug-in (4.1b1), as advised in a previous thread, I get:
"Zotero Integration Error
Firefox could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate Firefox extension is installed and try again."

Help!
  • i have a similar problem. i'm using firefox 4, zotero 2.1.1, libreoffice 3.3.1 on mac os x snow leopard. i get the latter error when i use plug-in 3.1b1. when i use plug-in 3.5a1 won't let me install. i click the install button in the preference pane and nothing happens. i don't see how i get to the manual installation mentioned in the link above, if i can't even get to a failed installation.

any help, gratefully received.
  • nicblockley, can you generate a report ID after you click the install button again?
  • hi there, this is the report ID it generated 1435221397. when i press the install button literally nothing happens. thanks for your help.
  • Try disabling Zotero MacWord Integration, restarting Firefox, and then doing the install. Let us know if that works.
  • thanks simon, that worked a treat! all seems to be working fine now. i've also re-enabled macword integration and that works again now.
  • Thanks Simon - this seems to have worked.
  • edited April 28, 2011
    Hei,
    I've got a similar problem too.
    I'm using LibreOffice 3.3.2, Firefox 4 on Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7 with zotero 2.1.5

When I'm trying to install the libreoffice extension 3.5a1 from zotero in the addon-manager it won't do anything after pressing install.
    like nicblockey I also don't see how i get to the manual installation mentioned in the link above, if i can't even get to a failed installation.

I'm not using the zotero macword integration, so what could be my problem?

I would be very grateful for your help
  • I am trying to run Zotero 2.1 with OpenOffice 3.3 on a PC (Windows Vista). The toolbar opens up but when I try to insert a reference it comes up with an error message, telling me that OpenOffice.org can't communicate with Zotero. Please ensure Firefox or Zotero standalone is open and set to an online state and try again. I have tried installing and uninstalling both the 3.1b1 and 3.5a1 plugins, restarding firefox, restarting my computer, but nothing works. I even tried reverting back to OpenOffice 3.2 but the toolbar didn't even load with this version. I had briefly moved to Microsoft Word Zotero is working all right there, or at least connecting. However in this case it is formatting the references strangely (putting a, b, ...g, etc after the years seemingly at random). I don't recall it doing this with OpenOffice and so I would like to shift back. Any advice you can provide on how I can get it working would be most appreciated. Alternatively, if you have any idea how I can get it to work as I want it with Microsoft it would be helpful. Thank you!
  • jgamble - start a new thread, this one is getting too confusing with lots of different issues. For what it's worth, though, the Word bug you encountered should be fixed in the newest version of Zotero (2.1.7).
This discussion has been closed.