Zotero crashing FFox 4 and missing library...

Hi

I am trying to see my library after upgrade to Firefox 4. Two problems:

1. Sync doesn't work, telling me there's a problem getting to my library at the moment. In fact, logging in onto this website, it seems there are no records at all. And with over 2000 references, that has me a bit worried. Error report number: 1860468519

2. Twice, Ffox 4 has frozen and had to be force closed. Once, I was using Zotero in tab mode. Another, I was just looking at the "about zotero" information in the settings to get the version number (2.1.1).

I am running Linux Mint 10 on a reasonably new machine.

Help appreciated.

B
  • [JavaScript Error: "Username not set" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 871}]
    Is your username set in the Sync pane of the Zotero prefs?
  • Thanks for quick response, Dan.

Yeah, it was after that (subsequent attempts). And while opening up Zotero to double check this time, it started trying to sync, and FFox froze again. Force close, reopen, and I am writing this to you now.

And then there is still the issue that I can't see any records in the library on the Zotero website, (e.g. from January), lists that I <i>think</i> should be voluminous...

(Its late night here, so I will be offline for a few hours.)
  • If it's syncing a lot of data, Firefox will freeze temporarily. Don't interrupt it or it'll just happen again the next time. It looks like you've been downloading the same 12K library over and over.
  • Dan - followed your advice and success! I just hadn't thought that freezing (usually a bad thing) was actually the sign of a good thing.

Many thanks!

B